Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task Manager not coming up, possible virus?

• Please log in to reply

deathcry

deathcry

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
my computer had been infected with several virus's and spyware and i have been cleaning it up, i have ran super antispy, avast, spysweeper, trojanhunter and trend micros housecall online scanner. however i am not able to get task manager to come up, i believe there may still be some type of infection on my computer. i ran the scans several tiems but now they are saying its clean. also whenever i go to check my yahoo mail, it freezes up and does not let me check my email but i can go to other websites so i dont know if a spyware or virus is causing this. any help would be apprecated.

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
i'd run ccleaner

http://filehippo.com...nload_ccleaner/

tuneup2007

http://www.tune-up.com/

you can see what's starting with the first button
under startup manager

second button, run cleanup/repair
there is a cleaner and reg cleaner
the rest of the optional buttons wouldn't help i think
30 day trial, then there is a waiting period before it starts

after setting a system restore point you may want to run this
it cleans pretty deep

tuneup2007 and ccleaner both have undo features
this next one does not

http://www.stevengou...o...5&Itemid=69

Edited by cmpm, 29 November 2007 - 11:11 AM.

deathcry

deathcry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
thanks for the suggestion, i will download the tune up software first. i will let you know how it turns out :).

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello deathcry,

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Edited by tuxmaster, 30 November 2007 - 03:35 AM.