Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nice easy RAM question

• Please log in to reply

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
right now my comp has 1 stick of kingston PC4000 512 RAM, and i am wondering, can i put like in a stick of PC3200 or such with my other stick? also, can you tell me if my current RAM is dual channel? my dad got rid of the box, b4 i asked him, lol it is "Kingston Hyper X PC4000 512" on the case the ram came in, inthe box, it says "Memory upgrade module description: 512mb PC4000 CL3 184-Pin DIMM" if that helps

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
you have to check your motherboard for that one, it will tell you which types of memory it can take, i personally dont think it would be a problem seeing that it takes a 4000 but sometimes they are picky

most rams, specially that high of a quality are dual channel