Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Camtasia Suddenly Not Working Right

• Please log in to reply

writertiff

writertiff

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I have been using camtasia fine to create and upload avi files to youtube. I noticed today that my icons in my Camtasia folder look different. (ie: the wmv files used show the windows media icon and when you looked at properties, it would say file type: windows media...now, it looks like a camtasia icon and says filetype: camtasia studio project (even though it's saves as filename.wmv)

So now when I create a video I can watch it fine on my computer in Windows Media but when I upload onto YouTube, it says, "Failed (unable to convert video file)" and when I look that up in Help, YouTube says, "This message means that your video is in a format that our converters don't recognize. Try converting the video into a different format with a converter or editing program and then uploading it again." But it WAS saved in avi format!

I'm lost and techsmith can't figure it out.

PS I am CLUELESS about tech stuff, so if you walk me thru it, please understand I may not get it if you speak over my head :)

Thanks so much!
Tiff :)

Advertisements