Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

?Comodo firewall messing up Date/time synch

• Please log in to reply

dorsettaffy

dorsettaffy

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I recently installed Comodo pro Firewall and since then my Date/time in the bottom right of the screen has not been keeping corrrect date or time. I understand through the Microsoft Help that the Internet Time Syncronisation can be blocked by a Firewall. I have not been able to find how to ensure that Comodo is allowing access to the Internet Time Server. Would be grateful for some help.

Dorsettaffy

:)

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Hmm, can't really help you much in Comodo since I don't and never have used it before, but...

Try to find a place where it has a list of blocked ports. Unblock this port:

Port 123 (NTP for time synchronization - when NTP time sync method selected)

I think it will help.

~Kelvin

dorsettaffy

dorsettaffy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks Kelvin, I'll give it a try.

Dorsettaffy

Damien Kane

Damien Kane

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I don't know what Comodo version you're using, but it could be a component issue. Go into the component monitor and select Learn Mode, and see if it'll work then. If it's already in learn mode, pop on over to the Comodo forums. There's a lot of very clever people trawling around who would probably help. Comodo Firewall is fantastic - hope you get it solved!

dorsettaffy

dorsettaffy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Many thanks Damien. I agree that Comodo is great! Discovered the problem lay with a dud battery. :)

Once I replaced it no further problems!!

Dorsettaffy