Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP PLEASE

• Please log in to reply

Tom07

Tom07

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
I had alot of spyware,and adware on my pc so I ran tests, then this program needed to go in safemode, but when I restarted to tap the F8 key it would enver come up, so then he told me to go to run>start>msconfig then I on the boot.in I selected safe boot, and it won't boot into anything now. It turns on but then it just sits there. Blank black screen, if I hold the power till it shuts off it will, then I'll boot it up and I can see the processer light and see it moving,mthen it just stops after like 15 seconds.

PLEASE HELP

Edited by Tom07, 29 November 2007 - 04:56 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Are you by any chance using a USB wired or wireless keyboard, Tom07?
Some computers won't recognise a USB keyboard until Windows has actually loaded, and if it's a wireless type no computer will recognise it till Windows has loaded both itself and the wireless driver for the keyboard. In either case pressing F8 will have no effect because the keyboard is effectively non-existant.

If this applies to you, you'll have to temporarily replace the USB keyboard with a standard PS2 type (round plug) so that the computer recognises key-presses (F8, for example) without the need to have Windows running.

Tom07

Tom07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Alright I go somewhere!

Just a sec ago I just turned it off took the hdd out and put it back in, that didnt seem to work.

So then I got a little curious, so what I did was I have no idea why i did this, but I held down the FN button, then pressed all the F keys then finally the screen appeared, when I hit the monitor started and it's on a BlueScreen now, BSOD.

It says:
STOP: c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum}
The image CRYPT32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

Only way I can see the display is if I press the FN and the F5 key, and it will turn on so something is turning the display off when I turn it off, I don't mind pressing those keys to turn on the display for now while we fix this issue though.

But I think one of those virus cleaners caused this...

Can we fix this without reformating?