I'm assuming you don't already have recovery console installed, which means you need to boot from the XP CD :
1. If the system doesn't boot from the CD, you'll need to go into the bios & change the boot order so that CD is before hard disk in the list. (If you need help with this, let me know). NB, when the system starts to boot up, you may be asked to press any key to boot from the CD. If you don't do this in time, you'll have to start again.
2. Once the system has booted from the CD, you'll see the XP Welcome Screen - at this screen, press 'R' to start recovery console
3. You'll be prompted for the administrators password. If you don't know the password, then try just pressing the enter key (this assumes no password).
4. Next you'll see a numbered list of windows installations (normally just the one). You must type in the number (eg 1) to select the installation.
5. At the command prompt, type:copy d:\i386\crypt32.dl_ -c:\windows\system32 -------------
NB d: is the letter of your CDROM drive. If your CD drive letter is not D:, then replace this with the relevant letter.
This should copy & uncompress the crypt32.dll file to the system32 directory. Once that's done, type EXIT to quit recovery console & reboot the computer. Remember to eject the CD on reboot.
Edited by Samm, 29 November 2007 - 07:42 PM.