Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need proper video card driver

• Please log in to reply

Angelboi

Angelboi

• PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
I have a Sapphire Radeon x1600 PRO.
I have had it for almost 3 years, and since i've had it, i have always had this issue where lines flicker across the screen.
It isn't consistent in general, usually appears where graphics are being pushed.

The smallest effect occurs when i'm watching a video using Windows Media Player. My monitor might flicker a hairline thin line across the center of the screen.

Most noticeable effects is when i play games. Not all, such as Starcraft and Warcraft, never have problems with those.

It's when i play FPS games, such as FEAR, CS, DoD, Battlefield -any version-

The screen is constantly distorted, but only at the line running across the middle, which affects visibility while playing.
I figured, spending $200.00 on a graphics card should've been beneficial.

I have constantly tried to search for drivers, and have the latest ATI drivers installed already. Nothing seems to fix the problem.
Is there a chance that the card is not compatible with my PC?

Or if anyone can find a better solution for me that would be swell.

Advertisements

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
If you say you have tried various drivers then it could well be a damaged rows of pixels on your monitor can happen on anything pda', phones,monitors try a different monitor and see if the problem persists.

Angelboi

Angelboi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
It does.
Ive used a regular monitor, and an LCD.

Angelboi

Angelboi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Anyone?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well if you have tried all kinds of different drivers and have "always" had this issue I'd say the video card is bad.

kenichi_kun

kenichi_kun

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Get a new video card, your video card is a budget card, so try upgrading to the ati 2600 series or nvidia 8 series. That should help you out. You did say that u tried it on an lcd and crt monitor so it sounds like the video card is bad, did you overclock the video card? Try using aquamarks to see if u get any artifacting and if so then its your video card. Good luck.

Angelboi

Angelboi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
That's retarded... i bought it brand new and its useless?
I'll have to invest in a new one then...