Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless internet

• Please log in to reply

x-FoRCe-x

x-FoRCe-x

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I am in Iraq right now and there is a router in a room that about 15 of us share.... and I just baught a new laptop about 4 days ago and it will not log onto the internet... and before I got this new computer with Vista I had my old laptop with Xp and I had no trouble getting on the internet unless it was down... but I know that the internet is not down because everyone else around me is able to log on... I try renewing my IP and reseting my network adapter... it will connect to the network but it says that it pinged the network but did not get a repsonse back... but it's weird that everyone else can get on the internet but me... I do not know what is going on... I made sure the workoffline was not on I have tried everything... should I try and reinstall driver?

Advertisements

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Try creating a new network connection to the network and maybe try to reinstall any drivers that came with your network card