Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATITOOL overheated my CPU

• Please log in to reply

loni

loni

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I downloaded the Atitool i thought it could speed up my gaming but didnt know it would heat the crap out of my PC i fiddled with all the
settings and then i suddenly got a burning 50C on Speedfan i press default on atitool program but it still on the heat temp and games like Call of duty 2 wont run without thousands of lag spikes this has never happened before on cod2

this is the program im talking about http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

Advertisements

loni

loni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Plz help :)

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
1. ATITool only adjusts the speed on your GPU, it doesn't touch your CPU.
2. For a GPU or a CPU under load, 50C isn't that hot.
3. The lag spikes you are talking about is probably due to the result of your GPU being overclocked too high. Try resetting the GPU speeds back to their default setting (make sure to apply changes), and if that doesn't work, try uninstalling ATITool then restarting the computer.

Edited by stettybet0, 30 November 2007 - 07:01 PM.

loni

loni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I uninstalled it but i still seem to be getting these lag spikes (my normal fps before ATITool was 70fps now when a lag spike happens 15 fps so its still dieing

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
It is possible that you may have damaged your graphics card by overclocking it too high. In this case, the only option would be to get a new graphics card, unfortunately.