Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can my PSU safely handle this card?

• Please log in to reply

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Hello all I want to know if this PSU will safely handle this card [url="http://www.newegg.co...2E16814150252"]

I have this PSU right now. I won't be doing any overclocking. If this PSU can't handle this card then i will just get an 8600 gt or gts.

Thanks!

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
It should be able to handle it. But have you bought the 8600 yet? Because the 8600 is not that good for gaming. The cheapest and best bang for your buck card that I would go with is the 8800GT for DirectX 10. If you do not want to spend that much I would go with a DirectX 9 card that outperforms the 8600.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Ok thanks!

I don't have a card yet. Im making do with the intergrated one :)

Do you think maybe getting the 512 MB version of the 8600 gt would help? It has Gddr3 memory.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
It will help but if you do not need DirectX 10 then you can get a cheaper DirectX 9 card that will out perform the 8600. Because you are paying an extra premium for the DirectX 10 which is not needed.
If you were to want to play DirectX 10 games then you would need a more powerful card.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
ok thanks! :)