Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox vs IE i know which is better......

• Please log in to reply

jacobusmatthew

jacobusmatthew

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I like Firefox much better than IE.........plus its much much safer and hijack resistant.......my problem is that firefox freezes up very often.............IE runs smoothly..............im starting to agree with the statemanet if it aint broke dont fix it......i was wondering if there was a way to install a tab browsing plugin for IE......or if anyone has any ideas y firfox is so sluggish please post your replies thanks!!!

Matt :tazz:

Advertisements

splintax

splintax

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
IE is integrated into Windows, and preloaded when you start your OS, thus is generally loads faster than FF, but should operate at the same speed... not sure what your problem is here.

As far as tabbing for IE goes, I've heard good things about Avant Browser and CrazyBrowser, try googling them. Or you could give Opera a go, which is my browser of choice :tazz:

jacobusmatthew

jacobusmatthew

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
thankyou i will give them all a try

WhyBeNormal

WhyBeNormal

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

I like Firefox much better than IE.........plus its much much safer and hijack resistant.......my problem is that firefox freezes up very often.............IE runs smoothly..............im starting to agree with the statemanet if it aint broke dont fix it......i was wondering if there was a way to install a tab browsing plugin for IE......or if anyone has any ideas y firfox is so sluggish please post your replies thanks!!!

Matt  :tazz:

View Post

It sounds like your Profile may be corrupt. Try using the Profile Manager to create a new one. Cut and paste the following files from your old profile to the new one:
bookmarks.html (Bookmarks.)
prefs.js (Current user preferences.)
user.js (User-added preferences. You won't have this file unless you already made it. It's a user-created file that overrides prefs.js)
cookies.txt (Cookies.)
hostperm.1 (Cookies permissions, image permissions, and extension website install permissions list.)
signons.txt (Saved passwords. Requires the "key3.db" file to work.)
key3.db (Supplements password file.)

Now, delete your old profile (using the Profile Manager) and see if this fixed your Firefox problem.

Edited by WhyBeNormal, 24 April 2005 - 06:12 PM.

kevin_gibson

kevin_gibson

• Pip
  • 3 posts
As far as tabbing for IE goes, I've heard good things about Avant Browser and CrazyBrowser, try googling them. Or you could give Opera a go, which is my browser of choice :tazz:

View Post

[/quote]

Opera is just another rip off,of Netscape internet browser, not sure if they're the same company or if they're just taking ideas off of each other.

;)

splintax

splintax

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I'm just gonna assume that's a joke.

Guest_joeultra_*

Guest_joeultra_*
i had some problems with FF so i IE but is is more vulnerable to viruses. Opera is a good one too.

jacobusmatthew

jacobusmatthew

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I tried your profile thing and that didnt work.................ive noticed that what triggers the "slowing" and eventual freezing is scrolling too much too quickly, and clicking the scroll wheel in................i dont have any problems on IE.................so im gonna live on the wild side i guess................the weird thing is i didnt have any problems with fire fox, untill i reinstalled windows 2 weeks ago...............

Matt

jacobusmatthew

jacobusmatthew

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Well ive now tried several suggestions and nothing has worked.....as far as im concerned, my PC is in perfect health. The sad thing was my old Spyware infected Slow as molasses DELL ran Firefox better than my new PC does got any more ideas?

Matt :tazz:

WhyBeNormal

WhyBeNormal

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Well ive now tried several suggestions and nothing has worked.....as far as im concerned, my PC is in perfect health.  The sad thing was my old Spyware infected Slow as molasses DELL ran Firefox better than my new PC does got any more ideas?

Matt  :tazz:

View Post

Sorry, I can't think of anything. Try looking around http://forums.mozillazine.org.

Edited by WhyBeNormal, 02 May 2005 - 01:49 PM.