Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Driver fun

• Please log in to reply

Meltyn00b

Meltyn00b

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I did not see any person post about this (I might be blind and just didn't look well enough) so ill try to post about it and see what happens.

Okay, I recently was purchased a laptop for a present. Yay. The only issue is that its a Gatway T-1620. The specs arnt bad but...

Well Vista is my enemy for some reason. One of the huge reasons is that i have to get permission TWICE or more to do almost anything, i cant get it to connect to random wireless networks, and it isn't compatible with some of the programs i like to run. Not a good thing.

But being the noobish IT guy that i am, i decided that i would take my computer, reformat it, partition it and install Vista on a partition and XP on another. That way i can learn Vista for my few clients out there just in case.

This is where my topic comes into play. I cant find any drivers. No to be more precise, i cant find ANY drivers except the Network ones. So i can get on the internet, and i know that Vista not connecting has nothing to do with the computer or the network, but Vista itself.

I have searched high and low, up and down and all around, backwards and forwards. Nothing that works, at all. This is my motherboard specs. I would love to find at the very least the motherboard and chipset drivers, that would be a good start. I know that the manufacturer of the two is ATI, but they haven't been very much help. I have contacted both ATI and Gateway, TWICE. They have been giving me the run around of "well they have it". Needless to say im annoyed.

I just want to run a duel boot for the love of everything holy. I want Melty Blood to run without fail. I want my Japanese games to run without my OS going What the.... Things like that.

I appreciate any help so much, that i would glomp you if you were in front of me. Or something. Glomping might sound fun to me only.

Edited by Meltyn00b, 30 November 2007 - 07:38 PM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Meltyn00b,

Often times when computer manufactures install vista and only offer vista on one of there new systems you can not install XP because the drivers simply do not exist for them. Some of the hardware may be proprietary and only able to be retrieved from in your case gateway. You can do a search on each part in google to try to find a driver that may or may not work good luck.

Edited by tuxmaster, 02 December 2007 - 12:58 PM.