Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need modem drivers :[

• Please log in to reply

Thimbles

Thimbles

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So a while ago I was fiddling around with javascript and testing out the stuff that I made when my computer just froze and I couldn't do [bleep] about it. So what do I do? As any human would, unplug it.

I only did this because it was COMPLETELY unresponsive. I start it up again few hours later and it comes up with the screen "Would you like to enter safe mode" "safe mode with netoworking" "or safe mode with command prompt" also "Re-start normally"

I chose all of them but it only brought me back to the same screen after restarting without even letting me log in. I got tired of this seeing I couldn't use it at all so I found the operating system re-installation disk, poped it in and deleted the partition (Deleted all the information I had stored previous).

After four hours of bordom, it finishes and I setup and log in. Only the internet doesn't work because the disk didn't come with any drivers for ze internetz.

Too bad I have already encountered this half a year earlier. Back then I just brought it to the computer store and a day later, all fixed! But this time I wanted to not have to pay $120.

So my question to you guys is, how can I find what kind of modem I have (forget what it's called but it's the thing where the enthernet cable plugs into the computer) AND how to install the drivers myself for low cost or even free.

I'm on the other computer by the way

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Wow. I have seriously no idea that Javascript can cause that. =X.

Anyway, look beolw your modem/router, and it should have a sticker on it saying it's brand, model and other stuff. The most important thing to take note of the the brand and the model. The others aren't really important.

Also, you can find drivers from the modem/router maker's website. Just go to their website, find it, download it, and install it.

If you can't find one, then Google something like 'netgear router driver' and you'll get it.

~Kelvin