Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Can I join 2 films together?

• Please log in to reply

Koukla1962

Koukla1962

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi there.

I downloaded a film quite recently and when it finished downloading I noticed that it came in 2 parts; p-ag-cd1.avi
p-ag-cd2.avi

I have convertxtodvd and nero but i was wondering if on convertxtodvd, if I got rid of the menu mabye they would run into each other automatically?!?!?!

Any answers would be appreciated greatly
Thanks

Edited by Koukla1962, 01 December 2007 - 05:39 AM.

Advertisements

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Hi there.

I downloaded a film quite recently and when it finished downloading I noticed that it came in 2 parts; p-ag-cd1.avi
p-ag-cd2.avi

I have convertxtodvd and nero but i was wondering if on convertxtodvd, if I got rid of the menu mabye they would run into each other automatically?!?!?!

Any answers would be appreciated greatly
Thanks

Hello There:

I had to join a bunch of avi videos together - I wanted to make a DVD where I had a bunch of videos that I could join into chunks to make a 4.7 gig DVD Movie Joiner is what you need, and it appears to be shareware - worked for me :) The only limitation that I could find for the unregistered version is that you can only join 3 movies together at a time, but other than that, it works well

Good Luck!!

Brian

EDITED: to correct an error and add further information ~Brian

Edited by **Brian**, 01 December 2007 - 08:09 AM.

Koukla1962

Koukla1962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi there

thanks for the fast reply.
I am in the process of joining them now but does it take a long time???

thanks!!!!

Koukla1962

Koukla1962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Well thats it done. I think it was just taking long because I was converting another movie at the time!!!
It has worked perfectly without any pause etc.
Thank you for your help

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Well thats it done. I think it was just taking long because I was converting another movie at the time!!!
It has worked perfectly without any pause etc.
Thank you for your help

Your Welcome!! I am glad that it worked for you!! When I did it, it took some time, but it worked well :)

Brian

SylviaW

SylviaW

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Did convertxtodvd and nero cannot work well?  Then switch another software, like Joyoshare Video Joiner. Your two films are in the avi format. If you use Joyoshare, you can merge films without reencoding and then export it at 60X faster speed.