Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can I save my drivers?

• Please log in to reply

justenhansen

justenhansen

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I need to reformat my drive. Can I just go into some folder and save all of my drivers? Otherwise I have to look them all up on the internet again which takes forever.

Advertisements

Meltyn00b

Meltyn00b

• Pip
  • 5 posts
If you make a list of your drivers via device manager (print them out), reinstall XP and then see which ones you don't have, it shouldn't take that long to find them. No i dont think you can save them, but i could be wrong.

But its alright. With info you win in the end. The first time i set up this computer.... oh 4 hours or so. (with programs) the second time... about 2-3. it makes a difference when you dont have to hunt for the dang things.

I would suggest to save all of your .exe for your drivers and important programs from here on. They do come in handy, i have a 1 gig file of them :).