Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stupid Netork :)

• Please log in to reply

vitaum88

vitaum88

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
well. summarizing it:
i have a network going pretty smooth. My laptop is wirelessly connected, and the dekstop is hard wire. Both of them have full access to the network, and internet works great for both of them.
I was having trouble with accessing the files and the printer that were shared from the Laptop.. (Desktop was trying to access them, but i got the permission denied). Then i accessed MCAffee firewall and i noticed it was blocking my network, so i released it and now Desktop can access laptop.
The problem is: i've tried absolutely everything, but laptop cannot access desktop (each computer sees each other, but when i click on desktop to browse its shared files my access is denied). i've tried stopping windows firewall and Avast! firewall (i dont have mcaffeee installed on desktop). Any hints?

Edited by vitaum88, 01 December 2007 - 04:09 PM.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello,

Sounds to me like you may be dealing with a permissions issue. Check the permissions on the shared folder(s) and make sure that you have enabled permissions for the logged on user. It might also be a good idea to set that user as an administrator on the desktop.

Let me know how it goes,

Ax