Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Visiual C++ Runtime Library Explorer Error

• Please log in to reply

mello_melon

mello_melon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i had just converted a video and was about to play it when my computer froze for a second and this error popped up:

Posted Image

i pressed ok and then it popped up again.

i was running yahoo messenger, aimersoft dvd ripper, internet explorer, and microsoft word along with a windows explorer opened to my videos when the error occured. after windows unfroze, the windows explorer had closed, but everything else was still up and running.

i'm kind of worried because my windows has crashed before after an explorer error.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
mello_melon,

Do you get this error when not running aimersoft dvd ripper?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
We don't help with "ripping" dvd's as we have no way to verify if your the owner of the original content. However, since you are worried about the "crashing" of your operating system, I will provide some tips for you to use.

First restart your computer.

Lets clean up your temp files:
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Once the temp files are clean, lets run a checkdisk on your hard drive.
Go to Start, Run and type in CMD.
In the Command windows type in the following command
chkdsk c: /r
This will generate an error message about not being able to run. Please say YES to this prompt. You will get a confirmation that "this volume will be checked the next time the system restarts".
Restart your computer. Don't touch your computer until checkdisk has been completed. Depending on the size of the hard drive and the amount of data, this can take several hours to perform.

Now that chkdsk has completed I would recommend running a defrag. Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Defragmenter.

These are all good steps in performing preventative maintenance.

mello_melon

mello_melon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks for the help : )