Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lock the homepage in Firefox?

• Please log in to reply

Tom07

Tom07

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi,

I was hoping someone could give me a batch file, or a .reg file that will lock/unlock my homepage at times to keep the kids from changing it.

Also this is off topic, but does anyone have/know any way to disable the ability to lock the desktop background? 2 files like a lock/unlock?

Thanks,
Cam

Advertisements

gmo2893

gmo2893

• Pip
  • 9 posts
you could give them their own users.
on locking the desktop: if you open the image in ie(sorry) then right click it then click set as desktop item , it will apeer in a window on the desktop, then click the down arrow in the top corner and select cover desktop. that way if they try to change the desktop background in anyway they wont seeit because the item is covering it. (or you could do some sysadmin jiggery pokery, (but i dont know anything about that))

Edited by gmo2893, 02 December 2007 - 03:09 AM.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Agreed. I do suggest you getting a new user for your kids as you won't want to have your stuff tempered with by your kids. And they'll have their own virtual room for them to live in, instead of yours. :)

Also, password-protect your user if you're following the above step.

Another option is to get them their own computer to use. Then, they can play their games while you're doing your work, leaving both parties happy.

~Kelvin