Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer help vid card?

• Please log in to reply

Ignisdraco

Ignisdraco

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am at a loss with what to do with my computer. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works. I play World of Warcraft and cannot seem to get my computer to work properly. My old video card is and Nvidea GeForce 6500 (256 mb). I have had no problems with this card until I got to the expansion part of WOW. Since then I would be playing and for no reason I lost graphics. Buildings disappear, the ground, walls etc.. I have to completely log out of the game to get them back and sometimes I have to restart my computer. I lowered my video settings, but that didn’t help. I downloaded the latest drivers and that did not help either. I bought a new video card, VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (512 mb). I have not lost graphics, but I do get a whole different problem. My computer began to reset on me. I turned off the resetting on error and I got the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 000000x50.
I keep getting this error. I thought it had something to do with me running Ventrilo at the same time so I didn’t load it and my computer still gave me the blue screen. I tried uninstalling Ventrilo and got the same problem. I deleted all my drivers for the video card and re installed, I did this for each one. I got rid of all my old drivers for the GeForce when I installed the new video card. I have updated all my drivers for my mother board, ran Norton and AVG with nothing detected. Here are the specs that I have with my old video card.
Mother board: Asus P5WD2 Premium

SYSTEM TAB
Processor: Intel Pent 4 CPU 3.00 GHZ (2CPUs)
Mem: 1024 MB Ram
Directx: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DISPLAY TAB
Name: Nvidea Geforce 6500
Version: 6.14.0011.6375
Date: 10/4/07
DDI version: 9 (or higher)

I bought another new video card in hopes that it might fix my problem. I bought a NVIDIA e-GeForce 8500 GT. 512mb DDR2. When I installed it, my game play was ok for about 20 minutes and then my screen froze except for my character that was jittering back and forth. There was also a black triangle on my screen. I hit alt-tab to get to my desktop which had really messed up colors. Then my screen went black and my monitor said “no signal found”. This has happened repeatedly now.
I researched what I could on the internet and followed some suggestions. I have exhausted every possibility that I can think of and I really hope you can help me. Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Advertisements