Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Registry Problem "can't find dll library"

• Please log in to reply

JoeH

JoeH

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi

I am having a problem installing a firewall (Zone Alarm Pro)

I get this error message that pops up (I have Windows XP)

"Could not locate the DLL library \vsutil.dll (VSetProtection) The specified procedure could not be found"

After researching it I think installing "Registry Repair" software is what I need.

Can anyone give me a recommendation as to what is the best registry fix software?

I've tried downloading trial versions but they hugely different results so I have no idea how to choose. (& you can't fix things till you buy the license)

Registry Fix found 447 errors.
Registry Easy found 1204 errors.

Thanks!

Joe Hussar
e-mail address removed

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello JoeH,

I personally do not like registry cleaners unless you know what you are doing it can lead to disaster. I would say reinstalling zone alarm would fix your problem.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Just say NO! to Registry cleaners. I have never read a post in which anyone said that running a registry cleaner helped any problem. I have read many, many posts that began "This all started after I used xxxx registry cleaner." No descernible benefit will be gained, and the risk of serious problems is high. Just say NO! to registry cleaners.

Chances are good that the file from which you are attempting the install is incomplete or damaged. Delete it and get a new one. Zone Alarm is getting bloated and dropping in the ratings anyway. Try Comodo.

JoeH

JoeH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you for that good advise!! :)