Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection not working - wirless hooked up to it is

• Please log in to reply

kmurph

kmurph

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

My internet connection is not working, and hasn't been for a few days now. My cable modem says my Power, Send, Recieve, Online, and PC/Activity are all on. However, the PC/Activity light which usually blinks is just staying steady, and I'm unable to get online. Another weird thing is my brother's laptop's wireless internet is working which is connected to my main internet. Why is his working and mine not, and how can I fix it? I've tried re-starting, and un-plugging and re-plugging all the connection wires to my modem numerous times, and it usually works - but not this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Advertisements

kmurph

kmurph

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's fixed. I ended up calling Comcast and one of their staff people walked me through. Apparently the slot my internet wire was hooked up to on the rowdier for the wireless internet had died or something, so I just changed the slot and everything worked again. So It is all fixed now.