Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multi screen Problems

• Please log in to reply

Dimosa

Dimosa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

First i'm new here, and my english is not that good.

Well here is my question.

I'm currently using 2 different monitors for my pc. Atm its just a desktop extension. The problem i experiance with this is the following. The moment i start a game and i do not run it in windowed mode ( whitch drasticly reduces my performance in th games ) i'm not able anymore to enter my other screen. this is quite annoying couse this was one of the reasons i dug up my old lcd :)

I've been searching the internet that is giving me a Multi desktop feature. but so far i only found something for linux whitch was not working for me.

So does anyone know a program for me or a way to do this.

( my GPU is a xfx 7950 gx2 btw )

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hi and welcome to G2G!!

Sorry it took so long to reply. I have heard of that card having problems in the past with drivers. I found THIS article about problems with the old driver so maybe you need the new one. Please refer to THIS page for latest Forceware drivers, just pick your windows, pick GeForce 7 Series and click search.

Also your English is pretty good :) I don know who told you its not, yea some spelling mistakes but so what I still cant spell neccessary right, see?

Soorena

Edited by SOORENA, 03 December 2007 - 06:50 PM.

Dimosa

Dimosa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Drivers is not the problem :)

The thing is that i want to use multi desktop on 1 computer. ATM i'm using some beta drivers couse the old ones give problems in cod4 but that should not be the problem.

I just need a program wich gives me the possebilety to go Multi desktop on 1 pc ( got 2 screens as mentiond above )

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
I've never used this program, but it sounds like it will suit your needs.

http://www.snapfiles.../get/msvdm.html
http://www.microsoft...ppowertoys.mspx

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Try using the nVidia Control Center because that is the most compatible. Thats why I gave the link because forceware drivers come with the nVidia control center.

Soorena

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I also have a dual monitor setup. As far as I'm aware of there is no way to have the best of both worlds, I myself have looked all over the Internet till my face turned blue.
The performance hit, is a result of you card working in 2d (in windowed mode), opposed to working in 3d (in full screen mode).
James