Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD RW problems

• Please log in to reply

Vysester

Vysester

• Pip
  • 1 posts
All working fine untill recently, out of nowhere my DVD Rewriter remains fully recognised by my system however when i place a disc for any reason e.g burn or play Music/DVD/Data the message appears informing no disc in drive? Am now lost for ideas or reasons behind this problem and would be greatful for any suggestions...........

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Vysester and welcome to geeks to go!

You can check to see if there are filters set on the drive. The following MS KB will show you how to check for and resolve this issue:
You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an error message after you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP: "error code 31"

Otherwise, go to the device manager and see if you have any devices that have any warnings or errors. If so, try uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers.

Regards,

Ax