Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Opinion on Purchases

• Please log in to reply

freefallpunk

freefallpunk

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I am about to purchase a couple of components to build a new PC. I don't have much money, but enough to piece a box together using some new and old components. I mostly use my PC for playing music, video, etc., nothing hardcore. Not really a gamer. Here's the list:

LOGISYS Area 51 Black Steel ATX Case 450W $34.99

MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard $104.99

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 $189.99

Thank you for all your help and advice.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Memory, Hard drive, CD unit(s) and graphics card might be useful items to add as well if your old bits are not compatible for whatever reason.

freefallpunk

freefallpunk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I currently have a SATA 320GB HD and forgot to post that I will also be buying G.Skill 2GB DDR2 800 Dual Channel RAM. Recommend a decent but inexpensive graphics card? Thanks

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
THIS is probably the best cheap one for 80 bucks after rebate let me know if you need to go cheaper. This will probably make you a solid build for a little mild gaming as well.

Soorena