Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer just died...?

• Please log in to reply

shinakuma9

shinakuma9

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
hey guys,
this happened today to my pc
i was working on it as usual, and then suddenly, the whole thing just turned off, and i couldnt hear the fan's hum or anything at all
what was weird is that, the green power light was still on, but nothing else was working.
i turned off the entire computer and restarted it, it started up for about 5 seconds and then it just turned off completely again, and this time the power light was not on.
what is also weird, i could smell something strange coming from the back of the computer, kind of like something burning ( i know its not good...)

the third time i hit the power button, nothing happened. its just stopped working!!!
i think its my power supply

any ideas what may be wrong?

edit: forgot to add: i looked at the fans in the computer, when i hit the power button, nothing happens, sometimes they move a little, like 30 degrees or so and then just stop.

Edited by shinakuma9, 02 December 2007 - 09:52 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi shinakuma9...

Sounds like you need a new power supply to me, too. :)

wannabe1