Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU Driver

• Please log in to reply

Denisejm

Denisejm

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Hi,

This is what my computer has:

- Biostar TFORCE 6100-939 mobo which supports dual channel DDR
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 320Gb hard drive (RAID array not set up)
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Toledo 2.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
- ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
- Corsair 620W PSU
- Ballistix 2x1G RAM, 184-pin DIMM, 128MX64 DDR PC3200, Unbuffered
- NORCO-4618 PCI-X / PCI eSATA / SATA II / SATA I Controller Card RAID 0/1/5/10/JBOD
- Windows XP X64, SP2
- NetFramework 2.0 Redistributable Pack for X64

The cpu and hsf are new.

I have a few minor problems with my pc so I want to format it. I have the drivers for everything except the cpu. I found this page that looks like it has the driver that I need, but I've missed the mark several times for other things, so I want to make sure that this is the one:

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver Version 1.3.2.0053 for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (x86 and x64)

http://www.amd.com/u...._13118,00.html

Before I do anything that I wish I hadn't, can someone tell me if this is the right driver for my cpu? It doesn't say "Toledo" or "Socket 939".

Thanks, Denise

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Your link doesn't work.
Anyway you don't need a driver for your processor. Long as the BIOS on the front screen knows what processor you have, Windows will know what you have too.