Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exchange Mailboxes

• Please log in to reply

fstech

fstech

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I'm running an Exchange Server 2003 for about 70 mailboxes. Over time one of the mailboxes has gotten bigger and bigger, which I thought was normal as more email came in. Today I get a message from her that she keeps getting these "mailbox over capacity" messages. So I let her know she should clean out her inbox and all mail folders of stuff she doesn't need. She then proceeded to tell me she does so often. I proceed to look at her mailbox from her computer and notice there really isn't much in there warranting the size of her mailbox. Does anyone have suggestions as to where else to look for what's filling up her box?

Advertisements

fstech

fstech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
**add on**

In my spare time I've been doing some research into the issue. No I haven't found a solution yet and I'm beginning to think the mailbox is simply corrupt...

Anyway, I saw some articles talking about the Top of Information Store" so I decided to check it out on this particular mailbox. There were no messages up there so no solution yet.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is she clearing out both her deleted items and sent items folders as well?