Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer Aspire Laptop

• Please log in to reply

Maklovin

Maklovin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone. I bought an Acer Aspire 3100-1405 Laptop. It has Windows Vista Premium on it, but only 512MB RAM....it's really slow!!!
I am getting frustrated with it. I have been told to get a memory upgrade to 1 or 2 GB RAM and it will run faster. The thing is, is that I paid about $900 for it already. I don't want to put more money into it if I don't have to. I have about 2 more weeks to decide if I am going to keep it. I have seen better deals elsewhere for computers that already have 2GB of memory for the same or less money. I need to decide what to do and quickly!
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
anyone who knows what they're doing never would have sold you a laptop with vista that only has 512mb of ram...that's just silly....send it back, get your money and spend it more wisely

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Definitely get rid of it. Vista came with too many computers that were under-powered!

Ron

Gazah

Gazah

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i 900$ laptop that as 512mb so that's around £450, thats too much for a laptop i can get a laptop for £400 ($800) with Vista 2gb Memory 160gb HD, seriously that's a a stupid price, like dsenette said send it back and get a new one.

annabackwards

annabackwards

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
I concur. Its a waste of money.