Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wallpaper inaccessible, HELP![RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

joe9

joe9

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i recently followed along in the other posts i read about the trojan-spy.html-smitfraud.c virus b/c my computer was infected as well. i'm pretty sure i did everything correctly and solved the problem for the most part.

But now I try to get my wallpaper back but instead its just a blank white background and i've tried to chance the wallpaper through the display properties, and in that small window it shows that its there but on the screen itself nothing happens.

Please Help!!

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi Joe and welcome

Please post a fresh HJT log,

Also,
Please Download
Silent Runners
Please create a folder for it please, Then double click on the program, It will save a notebook file in the same folder, Open that, copy, paste the log back to this thread please

joe9

joe9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i figured it out finally! Thanks for your help! Till next time...

:-)

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.