Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get mail to autosync from server.

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

We have an exchange server. A lady using an old computer has Office 2000 installed. She said that about two weeks ago, her computer wouldn't show new mail until she clicked on a message in her inbox. When she does, a message appears stating, "There is new mail in your inbox. Would you like to read it?" Then, all of the messages start flowing in. Then, once again, she can't receive any more messages until she clicks another message in her inbox or click "Send/Receive" from the "Tools" menu.

I can't find a place in Outlook 2000 to tell it to check for new messages automatically every "X" amount of minutes.

Can you tell me how to re-automate this process for her? She said she used to log in and leave her Outlook open on the Inbox all day and that new messages would appear all by themselves.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
in the options dialog, under "Mail Setup", click the "send and receive" button. a dialog will pop up with the send and receive options for making the send and receive automatic and declaring the interval for checking e-mail.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
dsenette:

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been off for a few days.

I tried to follow your instructions, but when I go to "Send and Receive", there are no options to configure. All we can do is highlight "Send and Receive", a menu slides out showing our Exchange Server, and we can click on it. Then, of course, it performs a send and receive.

It's really strange...we can't find anything anywhere that will allow us to configure this Send and Receive action.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Magus

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...i don't have office 2000 to even start to dig through menus...can you check in the office help for "send/receive" or automatically receive etc..?

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
We don't have any menu options like that. Trust me...we've looked. :)

Our company is upgrading everyone to Office 07 at the beginning of the year so the lady said she would deal with it until then.

Still, curiosity kills a cat. I'll work on it during my free time. If I figure out a solution, I'll be sure to post it here.

Thanks for your help though.

Thanks,

Magus