Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ntsearch.com

• Please log in to reply

lewisaur.tk

lewisaur.tk

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
there is this thing on my computer that i believe is some kind of spyware or adware, ntsearch.com.

what happens is i will oad a webpage and it will load fine and then it will load again and every 5 or 6 words will have links. they link to ntsearch.com(+ a bit more). i am running ad-aware and vet resident protection, but none of these pick up this ntsearch thing

i dont no if this has anything to do wtih it, but 1 out of 3 pages loads and then comes up an error to do with active x controls. it then goes to the can not find webpage page, so you have to click back and clcik the stop button before the activex thing comes up again

i would really appreciate you help

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

lewisaur.tk

lewisaur.tk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
it wouldnt let me create a log, it kept saying that hijacktihs had some kind of trojan
So heres a screen pic
Posted Image

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Please run a free online virus scan here:
http://housecall.antivirus.com/

And a free trojan scan here:
http://www.moosoft.com/

Download the latest version of Ad-Aware from here (if you already have Ad-Aware installed, make sure that it is the latest version and always go online and update it before you run it).

After installing AAW, and before running the program, you must FIRST update the reference file following these instuctions. (and you must always do this before you run the program at any later date).

Now do the following:

Under Ad-aware 6 > Settings (Gear at the top) > Tweaks > Scanning Engine:
check: "Unload recognized processes during scanning."

Under Ad-aware 6 > Settings (Gear at the top) > Tweaks > Cleaning Engine:
Check: "Let Windows remove files in use after reboot."

Press "Scan Now"

- Check option "Use Custom scanning options"
- Check option "Activate In-Depth Scan"
- Press "Select drives\folders to scan"
- Select the active partition which is usually C:

Now press "Next" to let Ad-aware scan your drives. It will find a number of spyware files and registry keys. Right-click in that pane and choose "select all"

Now press "Next" again. It will ask you whether you'd like to remove all checked items. Click OK.

Finally, close Ad-Aware, and reboot.

Run Hijack This again and post back a fresh log.