Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

active x problem

• Please log in to reply

Gary 3287

Gary 3287

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I can't seem to install flash player active x in internet explorer. I installed mozilla and it works fine

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Gary 3287 and welcome to geeks to go!

Let's run through some possible fixes for your flash issue (once/if the issue is fixed, leave off following the rest of the instructions):
  • Use the following utility and instructions to uninstall flash:
    How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control

Make sure you close all open windows (including IE) prior to running the utility. Once completed, use the following instructions to install flash again:
    Adobe Flash Player Download Center - Windows
  • Perform the uninstall as per the instructions above, then go to the C:\Windows\System32 directory and delete the folder called Macromed. You'll probably have to exit any web browsers you have open first. Try installing again after the folder is deleted.
  • Use the same instructions as before to uninstall the Flash Player, but this time use the following link to install it again (direct download link):
    Full Flash Player
  • In IE, go to Tools | Internet Options, select the Advanced tab, and click the Reset... button. Confirm the reset and then reinstall the Adobe Flash player.
Regards,

Ax

Gary 3287

Gary 3287

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you. I was able to finally get Flash Player 9 installed, so it says. The problem still exists. When I try to view flash content, in IE, it prompts me to install flash player, and will not open the item i'm trying to view. However Firefox will open them.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Try disabling your antivirus and/or firewall temporarily when you install Flash, as these can sometimes cause problems with the install.