Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELPPPPP me

• Please log in to reply

BOBCAT53

BOBCAT53

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Well i just re did my labtop and then i was loding all the drivers so i downloaded them on this cpu they uploaded them to my labtop and went to restart it did not fully restart now its just stuck it wont load i cant see nothing i just hear it trying to load then it stops ive tried to restart it and press the esc,f1,f2,f8 and nothing can you help me anyone

Advertisements

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
What is the name and model of the system?

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello BOBCAT53,

You'll probably want to try resetting your BIOS. Most often, resetting the BIOS in the laptop requires you to take it apart and remove the CMOS battery that is located on the motherboard. This is not a task for the faint of heart, so make sure if you do decide to do it, follow your laptop's manual very closely.

I've heard that you can also take out the laptop battery and hold the power button for 25 seconds, but I've no experience with this. It may be worth a shot though before dismantling your system.

Regards,

Ax

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hi,

I was recently on the phone with HP, they had me unplug the power cord plus the battery and hold the power button for two minutes. Might want to give that a try :) .