Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook 2003 - Cant send to group contacts inside group

• Please log in to reply

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Hi
I installed a new computer in a network with win xp and office 2003. The old one was win 2K with office XP.
The email is on an exchange server.
On the old computer (all on the exhange) there were groups of contacts and inside some groups there are other groups. On the new computer when we send to one of the top groups we get a message that it was unable to send to the group and does not define a specific email. Other addresses are sent o.k.
Any idea what to do?

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello vally,

I haven't seen anything about this at all. You may want to redefine your groups (if possible) by just putting all the contacts in the groups, rather than groups of contacts.

Ax

vally

vally

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
I discovered something interesting.
The email account is on an exchange server.
The addresses worked fine on office xp.
Now that we installed office 2003 the outlook has problems.
We noticed that in some cases the email is not sent because of the email address that when retyped without some symbols in the name (that was ok) is sent now with out any problem.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
That is interesting, so maybe just renaming the groups will resolve the issue.