Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player unable to view online video

• Please log in to reply

ah_hup

ah_hup

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
hi not sure what the problem is, but everytime i tried to access an online video from a website, im unable to view it. take a look at the pic below. the white portion is supposed to be green in color but im unable to capture it.. and when i scroll down the window, the green portion will appear on my desktop and other applications, only when i close the window and it will disappear.

Posted Image

im also facing the same problem with Windows Movie Maker.

im able to view video using VLC and DivX player.

can't seem to figure out what's happening..

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
I'd recommend you to stick with VLC and Divx.

I'm not sure about the WMP problem, though it might be a problem with the codecs, that's rendering Windows Media Player unable to read it.

~Kelvin

Damien Kane

Damien Kane

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Can you play files on your hard drive on WMP? If not, could be a codec issue. Do a Google search and download the relevant codecs. Is your firewall configured to block WMP or WMP media? Maybe unblock it.

ah_hup

ah_hup

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
yes i can play video file using my windows media player.
i only cannot view streaming video from the site. audio can be heard but video cannot be seen as the screen will be all green in color.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
I think that means the problem lies on the online streaming player.

~Kelvin