Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tuning for dummies

• Please log in to reply

jonny_know_it

jonny_know_it

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I paid for this spec computer but i feel i'm not using it to it full potential :) , i have vista 64 and dual run xp for my games as vista and nvidia drivers dont get on :) , just wondered how to get the best from my computer... :)

System (optional): CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz
MotherBoard: EVGA nForce 680i SLi
Memory: 8GB SLi
Graphics: XFX GeForce 8800GTX
Power: Tagan 1100W ATX2.01 Turbojet Quad SLi Silent
Fan: ZALMAN CNPS 9500 AM2 2 Ball

was going to get another XFX GeForce 8800GTX but not until i the driver issues are sorted with vista, is it worst it?

My hard drives are only 7500 is it worth getting 3xWD Raptor 150GB 10000RPM SATA 16MB :) and running them as one?

*another thing is their anyway of chopping down vista graphics as i dont care what it looks like just what it can do?

any ideas?

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hi and welcome to g2g!!!

Ok first of all what do you mean by running them as one? Also you can go to settings and set the desktop effects to windows classic, which is less consuming. Also refer to HERE for the latest NVIDIA drivers.

Soorena

Edited by SOORENA, 04 December 2007 - 09:57 PM.