Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Running Really Really Slow

• Please log in to reply

marc_randles

marc_randles

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
The fan had been making a lot of noise and has been doing for a while, even with a few programs running it sounded like it was going to take off.

I rang Dell and explained the problem and the guy on the other end of the phone said to take the side panel off & lift up the airflow shroud. (See Link Below)

http://support.euro....s.htm#wp1055464

I followed these instructions and was shocked to see the amount of [bleep] that builds up.

I proceeded to remove as much of the muck as I could, I then replaced the shroud and plugged everything back into my PC.

The fan is so quiet now compared to how it used to be but the problem is my PC has slowed down quite considerably

Can anyone help

Also when I run PC Pitstop Im always getting the following message

'Remove Invalid TypeLib Entries - TypeLib Indentifies A Type Library File Containing Standard Descriptions Of Data Types, Modules & Interfaces That Can Be Used To Fully Expose Objects With ActiveX Technology'

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Marc

Edited by marc_randles, 04 December 2007 - 12:18 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Did you also clean t he rest of the inside of the computer? What about dust and crud that collects in the power supply openings? Did you clean out the CPU heatsink?

I would suggest buying a can of compressed air (Office Depot, Staples, BestBuy, etc.) and using it to blow out the computer really well. Just be careful when you do this that you don't spin the fans on the PSU cooler, power supply and video card (if it has one) to fast. I use a small screw driver to hold the blades in place while blowing out the various components.