Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MP3 Files not playing on my computer

• Please log in to reply

Andresp2

Andresp2

• Pip
  • 3 posts
one day i went onto itunes to play some music and it just didn't work. the music would not play. and then i tried windows media player, real player, winamp, and vlc media player - none of which worked. videos will also not play on any of the above media players either. the closest thing ive been able to do is watch mpegs on firefox, but without sound. so what ive had to do over the past month and a half is listen to music by searching youtube and streaming music. does anyone have any idea as to how i can fix this?
thanks
-andresp2

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to the forum, Andresp2

Strictly speaking this should be in the 'Windows Vista' forum as it's an operating system issue, but let's see what can be done about it.

Please check your listing of devices in 'Device Manager'.
If you see a yellow or red symbol against 'Multimedia Device' or 'Audio Device', it probably means you need to re-install the audio driver for the sound-card. Without the driver you will get no sound, just video.

To help you get the correct driver we need to know the make/model of your PC if it's a well-known brand, or the make/model of your PCI sound card if it's a removable PCI one which fits into an expansion slot.

If you don't know any of these details, please download and run 'Belarc Advisor' from here:
http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html

No need to install it, just run it to produce a system information list and post it to us on the Vista forum.

Edited by pip22, 05 December 2007 - 10:41 AM.

Andresp2

Andresp2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok i posted the question on the vista forum with the updated info. the link is http://www.geekstogo...er-t179165.html

thanks for the help by the way!