Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unexpected shut downs...

• Please log in to reply

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
k it's turned off, now what?

Advertisements

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
k, i got the BSOD msg, lol.... it says it shut down to prevent any damage and this is what it shoed..

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

then it continues to say at the bottom that clearing physical memery or sosmething. I tried to screen shot it but it makes me have to reboot WITH ITI UNCHECKED. so it clears the keyboard que.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
OK, what you'll actually want to do is get a pen and paper and write down the exact message you receive, as it appears to you.

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Okay, It happened again, lol..(not funny tho)

here's the COMPLETE MSG, lol...

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your PC.

IRAL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new install, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your PC, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** Stop 0x0000000A (0xF6C2A000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804FEDDA)

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
I get this also when windows starts...

Technical Information
How to Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Driver Problems in Windows XP (Q322205)

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

More information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem report summary

Problem type
Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?
No

What does this problem mean?
Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause
Unknown

Computer symptoms
A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take
Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Have you recently installed any new hardware/drivers that you can remember? If so, please try removing/uninstalling and let me know how it goes.

Ax

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
I haven't installed any hardware/drivers...

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
OK, well then we'll have to do some debugging. Go to Start | Run, type minidump, and press Enter. If there are any files in this directory, please upload them (or the most recent set only) as attachments to your next post. You may need to zip the files before uploading them.

Regards,

Ax

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
k, here ya go

Attached Files

Edited by mcdanielnc89, 10 December 2007 - 11:04 PM.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Upon debugging, I found that one of the files references a Lexmark X73 driver component. If you have this printer/driver installed, could you uninstall it and let me know if you still have the issue?

Thanks,

Ax

Advertisements

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Will i be able to reinstall it?

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Yes you should be able to, but let's first try running your computer for a little while without the printer and printer drivers. Make sure to unplug the printer after uninstalling it or Windows might try to find drivers for it again.

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
k, it's uninstalled.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Alright, now just do what you normally do on your computer and let me know if you get another shutdown. If it doesn't shutdown in the time frame it normally would, then we know the issue is with the printer driver.

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Yes I still am getting the message.