Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unexpected shut downs...

• Please log in to reply

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Oh wow, I know I'm not totally Dumb now, lol.... Yes Hopefully my RAM will be here wednesday or thursday. Depends when they ship it. So until i figure out whats wrong i am deleting all users but the admin to find the causes of the problems. And I know if my ram fixes everything(which i honestly don't think it will) I am still going to buy a bigger grap[hics card, but not sure if it's nessasary to but a video card.

I am mostly find anything, lol.. on ebay that is. I thought about upgrading to XP media center edition 2005 or vista ultimate and found the software very cheap. also found a 750 GB harddrive for 120.00, loooool.

Advertisements

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
UHHH-OHHHH!!!!!

Another message....

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your PC.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new install, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your PC, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** Stop 0x00000050 (0xffffff60, 0x00000000, 0x804EA366, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts

I am still going to buy a bigger grap[hics card, but not sure if it's nessasary to but a video card.

These are one and the same.

I doubt you'd want to do any sort of upgrading of the OS at this point, driver support is hard enough to come by with Windows Vista, let alone the fact that your current system is BSODing. Speaking of which, your last BSOD could be related to the RAM or it could be related to the Video RAM. We'll make sure the RAM works first before we look at the Video card.

Ax

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
lol, ok.. The most common one I've been getting is the FIRST one. lol.. i get it at least 5 times a day, lol...

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
I'm sure that's pretty frustrating. Save often is the only advice I can give you right now. I'll wait on what happens for you next week with the RAM.

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
lol.. It's very frustrating. Especially when your in the middle of doing something, lol... I have everythign backed up on my server, lol. So I'm good for anythign to happen. HAHA..

Thanks again for all of the help.

-Nathaniel

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) Glad to hear it, good place to have your backup files.

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
ok. tonight i'm going to be installing my RAM. would you recommend me to replace my old ram or just leave it in there?

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Well, it looks as if I've had to leave my old RAM in there else my 1gb ram just beeps... But with both in there it STILL says my ram is 384mb....

What's going on? looool

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
That means that there is a problem with the RAM that you bought. Either it is incompatible or there it is malfunctioning. I'd suggest returning it for a refund and buying a different type. With the eMachines, they are very picky about which RAM will work in them. Also, you'll have to check what is the maximum amount of RAM you can install on your system.

Upon checking, it looks like the eMachines T3096 takes PC2700 DIMM RAM, so make sure that's the type of RAM you install.

For more information:
eMachines Support: Product Support and Downloads

Regards,

Ax

Advertisements

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
That's exactly what I have bought.. How do I find how how much it can hold?

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Well this is what I was getting at before, I've worked on an eMachines system that I had to try RAM from three different vendors to find some that finally worked. One other thing is to make sure that the RAM is seated correctly. To answer your original question, you would want to remove your old RAM sticks.

eMachines T3096 Memory
Maximum Memory 2GB
Memory Slots 2 (2 banks of 1)
non-removable base memory 0MB

1 GB should be fine.

Actually I think the last time I had this problem, MemoryTen came through with compatible sticks:
eMachines T3096 Memory

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
thats the exact ram i have i believe.. here's the link to the one i bought.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...4.cWON.m313.lVI

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
It might have the same specs, but I doubt it is the same type. If you can't get it working, contact the seller and ask for a refund if possible. Although on the compatibility listing, I do not see any entry for your machine. Be careful what you buy on ebay, especially when dealing with computer components, try to make sure that it will work before buying.

Regards,

Ax

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
ok. so ur saying the RAM i bought is wrong kind? if so the link u provided, is it the right kind?