Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard Issues...

• Please log in to reply

Zaine7673

Zaine7673

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
hey hows it going,

I was jus wondering if anybody knows how to either get the extra hotkeys on a 'HP sk2960 101/102 ps/2 keyboard' to even work or apply commands to it.
I have a HP s3215.uk which came with Windows Vista but I have downgraded it to XP until I get a further 3 more gigs for it. There are extra keys on the side of the keyboard for ejecting the disc tray, turning volume up, down, opening internet browser and so on but after I've installed XP those buttons stopped working. I've tried googling for it since last night and found nothing but drivers that dont work so if anyone has any info it would definetely be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
As you've no doubt discovered, Vista needs much more RAM than XP to run at an acceptable speed, which is probably the main reason many people are disappointed with it. Because drivers are only supplied by the PC maker for the pre-installed version of Windows, getting the correct drivers when you downgrade to XP is often a problem.

I found this on the HP/UK website -- original keyboard drivers for XP, though I can't guarantee they will work as it doesn't specify the keyboard model number, but it is for HP keyboards:

http://h10025.www1.h...=reg_R1002_UKEN

Edited by pip22, 05 December 2007 - 07:16 AM.

Zaine7673

Zaine7673

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
hey thanks.
tried it out but still no joy. the hotkeys are still useless at the mo...
After a few weeks I'll be getting some extra RAM anyway so I'll probably give vista another try.

hey tell me something, what do you think of vista?
personally from the few hours of use i gave it, it seemed to have few usefull things but for the amout of RAM it requires i just dont know if im better off using XP.