Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Can I Find Windows XP Product Key?

• Please log in to reply

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I was wondering if you someone could help me find my product key for windows xp. I want to reformat the computer but I lost the actually product key. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello wadeb 21,

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that this is a very sensitive request, one which I will take great care in answering.

There are tools that you can use to find the product key for your system, you could do a google search to find one that does. Otherwise, one reporting tool that you could use is Belarc Advisor. This tool gives you an overview of your whole system, as well as some more sensitive information. This is information that you wouldn't want posted online, which is why we generally do not use this tool to investigate users' systems, but it should do the job in your case.

Regards,

Ax

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Or you can try the Magical Jelly Bean. It will pull the key from the registry for you.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Easiest way: Look around your CPU/laptop, if you bought it pre-installed.

CPU: It should be inside/outside of your CPU. Look around, there are no specific spots where the sticker should be stuck, so it's quite disturbing to open a CPU and look for one, though you need it now.

Laptop: Look below it. Always there. =)

~Kelvin

Edited by Kelvin, 06 December 2007 - 12:30 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Locate your COA on your PC. Micro$oft site.

Ron

coulter

coulter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was wondering if you someone could help me find a product key for windows xp. I want to reformat the computer but the product key on bottom of comp wont wk. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Why won't the product key on the bottom of the system work?

Edited by rshaffer61, 04 April 2010 - 05:45 PM.

geekman4

geekman4

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi

Last few days my Laptop throwing me error saying 'Windows 7 Ultimate' is not genuine. I am not able to obtain product key forr the same.

Because of that I am not able to upgrade my bluetooth peripheral device driver which is impacting my data transfer to and fro mobile.

Anyone help me.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Last few days my Laptop throwing me error saying 'Windows 7 Ultimate' is not genuine. I am not able to obtain product key forr the same.

Why not?
Isn't the sticker on the system for Win 7?
Is the installation disk a Genuine Microsoft Installation disk?
Is it downloaded from somewhere?

geekman4

geekman4

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Why not?
Isn't the sticker on the system for Win 7?
Is the installation disk a Genuine Microsoft Installation disk?
Is it downloaded from somewhere?

It is downloaded. One of my friend downloaded o his machine. He installed and he never got such error or problem. I asked him to install on my machine. Now I 'm bugged by this popup 'Ur windows is not genuine'....

Whereas my friend didnt get this same problem.

Why ??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Downloaded from where?
What about the serial number is it downloaded also?

geekman4

geekman4

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Downloaded from where? - From net only.

What about the serial number is it downloaded also? yar ye to pata nai .... 'll update u later about this.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am asking specific questions and you are giving us very vague answers.
Did you download Win 7 and if so from where?
Where did the Serial number come from ??