Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Control Panel/Add Or Remove

• Please log in to reply

justinsmom1

justinsmom1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HI I WAS WONDERING I WAS TRYING TO DELETE SOME PROGRAMS FROM MY COMPUTER BUT IT WANT COME UP AND I CANT FIND THE CONTROL PANEL OR ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS PLEASE HELP

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Who said that? :)
Please don't type in all capital letters, it looks as if you are shouting. Please don't shout.

Anyway the Control Panel is restricted under a Limited Account and can be removed altogether. Add/Remove programs doesn't exist under a Limited Account in XP, you would need an Administrator account to uninstall things.

justinsmom1

justinsmom1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i was wondering how do you get an administrator account for windows XP

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
All accounts by default unless specified otherwise are Administrator accounts.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If using XP Home, boot to Safe Mode by pressing F8 (or F5) during the early boot process. Login as Administrator, do not enter a password. Then you can open User Accounts in Control Panel and set your userid as an Administrator.

Reboot, logging as normal and see if you can do what you want.