Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

outllook express compatable with Vista?

• Please log in to reply

tennistm

tennistm

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I just recieved my new computer...is has Vista. It came loaded with IE and Microsoft Mail...I don't like Microsoft mail.
Is there anyway I can get Outlook Express back on my PC with Vista.
Also, I am unable to import my IE favorites that I had on my old PC (XP) to my new computer with Vista...how do I do this. I used the import wizrd in IE but it said it couldn't read the file I wanted to import.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Tim

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,813 posts
Unfortunately I believe you are stuck with Microsoft Mail. I dealt with an elderly man who was running Windows 98 with Outlook Express for years and he wanted to purchase a new PC. So we ordered a new PC for him and he hated Microsoft Mail, so I set him up with Mozilla Thunderbird and he hasn't looked back. Maybe you could try it out.

As far as the favorites go, do you receive any type of error message?

tennistm

tennistm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I will try Mozilla Thunderbird... do you think I will be able to import my address book from OE to MT?

When trying to import my Favorites from my desktop...this is the message I get:
bookmark.htm
File not found
check the file name and try again

tim

tennistm

tennistm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I have downloaded Mozilla...any suggestions on how I would import my OE Address Book to Mozilla?

Tim

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,813 posts
You will have to export your address book and favorites from IE and OE on the XP machine, save the file to a thumb drive or something and then import them into Thunderbird and IE7 on Vista. You probably want to export your address book in the csv (comma separated values) format.

Have you already erased your XP drive?

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 05 December 2007 - 07:17 PM.