Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Detailed Computer build Questions

• Please log in to reply

Subaru

Subaru

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello and welcome to another installment of my noob questions.

I was mainly wondering if i could fit the following items into the tower i currently have. Tower in question is a stock acer aspire model.

OCZ GameXStream 700W Power Supply

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Memory

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor

Due to my lack of knowledge of what i am looking for exactly to answer said questions in question... huh?! anyways i have taken some tasteful pictures under the hood of my computer in hopes someone can come up with an answer.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Judging from the looks of it, your case seems to fit a microATX motherboard, which is smaller than the ATX size (the Gigabyte in question). If this is true, then your case is too small for it.

You can do some measurements if you like - an ATX motherboard is 12"x9.6" and a microATX is 9.6"x9.6"

Oh, and vacuum your floor! :)

Subaru

Subaru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
yeah i know lol

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Perhaps let us know what the measurements are. If it is microATX, you could either look at getting a microATX motherboard to go with all those goodies, or (preferably) get a better case and swap the whole lot over.

Something like this is pretty decent, and rebates make it cheap. Of course, cases and their looks are personal preference, but I think this one looks nice.