Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Asp and my database website

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Quick question - I am putting together a small database website with a forum. I have download a peice of software that is a forum generator. I have a database and all the asp files, however, I don't understand how to link it into my HTML site. Do I just copy and paste from asp file to html head or what? Also, do I have to make the site in access pages or notepad?

I hope this is easy to understand of what I need help on. My mind is running 2000 miles a min since I am getting frusterated on trying to work this out....lol

I am editing this to give an easier troubleshoot.....

I have a html page - I have a database - I have pages I have downloaded for a forum that's in asp.

How do I make my database fields show up on my website and how do I make them work.

I know the contection string and dsn. I just need to know how to make it show up on my html page????

Edited by dave1973, 06 December 2007 - 11:11 AM.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Dave 1973,

The ASP (Active Server Pages) pages are the web pages. You do not need to copy anything from them into your html files. Treat them like you would any other web page file. All you should need to do is put them in your web directory and link to them in the HTML file using anchor (<a href=""></a>) tags.

Active Server Pages. A specification that enables Web pages to be dynamically created using HTML, scripts, and reusable ActiveX server components.