Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ntegrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™ ADVANCED HD

• Please log in to reply

Cian

Cian

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Unsure if this is the right place.

My pc had a problem with it so I reinstalled Vista, however, once it was reinstalled, I was unable to get my Soundblaster Audigy Advanced MB to reinstall.

My pc does have sound, but it's the basic one that comes with the computer, if I ever try to install my soundblaster, I get the following error message:
---------------------------
Error
Audio Drivers not found, please install your Audio Drivers before running this setup program.
OK

I've tried updating my basic sound driver, uninstalling it and reinstalling Soundblaster, starting safe mode etc but all to no avail.
Can anyone help me out here?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
First you need to disable 'on-board' sound in the system BIOS setup to stop Windows allocating resources to it, as these are probably conflicting with the SB drivers trying to access the same resources.

Getting into the BIOS setup varies between PC manufacturers, but by far the most common method is holding down the 'Delete' key as soon as the PC is switched. If that doesn't do it, re-start again and try F1 or F2. When you're in, disable 'on-board audio' or 'integrated audio' then 'save and exit' the BIOS setup. The PC will then reboot into Windows. Make sure you uninstall all the software related to the on-board sound. Now install the SB drivers.

Edited by pip22, 06 December 2007 - 04:10 PM.

Cian

Cian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Didn;'t work
:)

I tried that and was told that that now my Card had no audio drivers to work on

*sigh*

How do I install onboard sound software ?

Is there anything to do?

rinconjoe

rinconjoe

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
yes disable on board sound uninstall there drivers. reboot. then down load creative labs newest drivers from ther web site. install them turn computer off install card restart and should work . nov 7 they released new srivers for there card.