Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System restart or hangs

• Please log in to reply

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
My pc keeps on restarting when i am playing any game or using any software. I just got myself an 865 chipset because my intel original was messed up by some hardware engineer. I have the problem since this upgrade. I have unchecked restart automatically box from my computer. But sometimes it gives me the BSOD and sometimes it restarts automatically. But the biggest problem is it keeps on hanging.
Intel has stopped giving the updates for this motherboard and i cannot risk flashing my bios to check if something is wrong there.
I even checked the event viewer but i could not find any error relating to the restart. Please help me outt on this issue.
Most BSOD error messages are for kmode exception, PFN-fault bla blaand one error which does not give me any message but instead tells me to switch of shadowing from the bios menu.

Please tell me if there is any more information you want but do help me solve this menace.

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
First, check to make sure that your computer is virus and spyware free. I'd suggest rebooting into safe mode and run the scans.

See this post: http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

The other thing that it could be is that it is overheating. If you have a desktop, open the side of the computer and blow it out with some compressed air and maybe place a fan so that it blows air into your computer. If you have a laptop, try to elevate it from the surface to get some airflow under it.

Oh and exact error messages do help, so if you get another BSOD, write down the exact error message that you get.

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 06 December 2007 - 02:59 PM.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
ok.whenever I get the message I'll post it. Thanks for the response.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Problem report summary

Problem type

Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?

No

What does this problem mean?

Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause

Unknown

Computer symptoms

A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take

Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

This was the latest error message i got. I am posting this. Also, whenever i run an AVG scan the system hangs. I cannot get to safe mode mode and work for more than 5-10 minutes as it hangs in safe mode more quickly than in normal boot.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Does it report any specific file associated with the KMODE exception? Something like Aspi32.sys or tcpip.sys?

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
well the errors that i have got have been related to many different files. One was ALCXWDM.sys which was my sound card driver i upgraded it and therefore i have not got that message. Then i used to get this ialmrnt5.ddl which again stopped. Tell me if i u want me to post my hijackthis log.
I got this demo software called driver detective and driver scan from somewhere. Both these softwares tell me that i have some very old drivers. I do not know where to get it from because intel has support for my motherboard.
I also got an error in the event viewer which i had check after restart. It told me something about flip bla bla bla.
I did no understand what it was. I am gonna get my memory replaced on tuesday just in case and someone told me to get a new psu as most errors concern my memory.
Well i will update any more errors whenever i get one. Thanks for your help :).

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
The reason that I asked is that generally, those kmode errors are result from drivers or something at the kernel level. It is possible that a virus is causing it. You may want to scan your PC before you go out and spend money on it. Follow the instructions in the malware forum.

Also, for reference, take a look here: http://support.micro...b/275678/EN-US/

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 07 December 2007 - 01:32 PM.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I have this problem with drivers and i cannot get the new ones.
Anyways, Today my pc would not start and gave me five errors before starting at last. So i came here to post my errors before my system gives up on me.

1st error
Session3_Initialization_failed
Stop : 0x0000006F (0xC000003A, 0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

2nd Error
Stop : 0x0000007B (0xF7AED524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

3rd Error
Driver_Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal
Stop : 0x000000D1 (0xF8C996F0, 0x00000002,0x00000000,0x00000000)

ALCXWDM.SYS - Address F69B9D2A base at F68DB000, Datestamp 47215CFE

4th Error
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Stop : 0x00000050 (0xA000C0E2, 0x00000000,0x805A24D8,0x00000000)

5th Error
Driver_Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal
Stop : 0x00000050 (0xE6E75FFC, 0x00000000,0xED20CF52,0x00000001)

kmixer.SYS - Address ED20CF52 base at ED1FE000, Datestamp 448fcd31

These are all the errors. I cleaned up my pc with some viruses using the avg trial version. I will get bitdefender soon from the store. It was not available yesterday. If there is anything better do tell me.
Thanks for your patience. My responses have been so late because my exams are going on and i am pretty busy with it and this problem does not allow me to work. So I am quite desperate.

Edited by prasharry2k5, 08 December 2007 - 12:54 PM.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
I'm doing some research on your drivers, so it will take me a bit. In the mean time, I'd like for you to do two things.

1) While in Windows, Go to Start->Run, then in the run box, type "cmd" and click ok. When the command box comes up, type the following in and hit enter. "chkdsk /f" and then reboot the computer.

2) After you have ran the above command, open another command box and type in the following: "sfc /scannow". Make sure to put your Windows XP disk in the disk drive before you start this process.

If your computer crashes before this process finishes, let me know.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
With so many different errors occurring, it really sounds like you have significant driver problems. What is the model number of the Intel mother board?

This computer worked okay before you replaced the CPU, correct? Are you sure the board will support a 865 cpu?

Advertisements

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Well you are absolutely right the CPU was working perfectly with my intel original motherboard but this chipset is giving me headaches because of some drivers not being available. I know now that the guy whom i got this board from has fooled me with this board. I cannot even think of upgrades.
The motherboard model is intel 865 GV. The name of the motherboard is Mora. I tried finding any support site of the manufacturer but i did not get anything from google. Also as i said Intel have stopped giving support to this motherboard.
Well all iam pretty sure of is that this motherboard does not have any support site. Well it says it supports hyper threading processors. But the major problem is that the driver cd does not have the drivers for the chipset. I tried some driver scanners but i could still not get the right drivers. I was pretty sure about the drivers but can it be some problem with the PSU. Because the problem always creeps up when i am using photoshop or some other software or Playing some Game.
Thanks again for coping with my late responses.

Edited by prasharry2k5, 09 December 2007 - 07:15 AM.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
well the last time i ran sfc / scannow it did not crash but anyway i will try again and tell you what happened.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hey!

I ran SFC windows file checker utility after running Checkdisk and the system crashed giving the following error:

"STOP:c000021a{FATAL SYSTEM ERROR}
The Windows Logon Process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005(0x00000000 , 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down."

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Looks like this is the site for drivers for that mother board:

Intel® Desktop Board D865GVHZ

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
ok, I'd like to get a profile of your hardware. I'd like for you to download PCWizard 2008.

Download and install the program. Go ahead and run the program and once it has finished analyzing your system, go to "File" and then "Save as". In the Range section, make sure that you have the "Selected Category" checked and set as "Hardware", also make sure that the format is set to TXT. Then click "Ok" and enter something like "Hardware" for the file name. Then click save.

It may take a few moments for this to run. Once it has finished, please look over the file and strip out any sensitive information that you may not want on the internet.

Please attach that txt file to your next post.

Thanks.