Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System restart or hangs

• Please log in to reply

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Thankss both you guys for your help. I am sending you the file Gripp. Tell me what you can figure out from it. And truker i am checking out the site but a small slip on my motherboard says 865GV and the hardware analysis from PC Wizard says it is 865 PE. Would it be fine if i install the 865 GV drivers.

Attached Files

Edited by prasharry2k5, 09 December 2007 - 12:01 PM.

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Go ahead and download and install the drivers that trucker has provided for you and let us know how that goes.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Well guys thanks a lot for providing me with the driver links. I am going to get a new PSU tomorrow. I will check if the restarts were because of it or not.
About the blue screen i figured out that the sound drivers are creating the problem. I got the drivers from realtek as the realtek drivers from truckers link were outdated from the already installed drivers. Anyways, now there is something new. The sound does not function any more. Whenever i right click on the alc soundman icon on the taskbar and select volume control it gives me an error (iam attaching the picture of the error with this post). I tried checking it out at microsoft knowledge base and tried it but it did not work.
I ran the driver verifier utility as suggested by Microsoft but it does not change anything. I do not know what to do to get my system working normally again. I even tried uninstalling the relatek ac97 sound device from device manager and after restarting it showed me new device found. The installatiion went fine but when i restart the same error is there. I replaced the kmixer.sys and splitter.sys from the windows CD but to no avail.
I think the other drivers look like being stable but until i solve this problem i cannot figure out any other driver having problems (if there is any).

Attached Thumbnails

• error.jpg

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Drivers are tricky tricky beasts :)

Well, the error that you are getting now is because you have installed the wrong audio drivers. According to the hardware profiler your audio chipset is Intel based, not Realtek based. What is the model and manufacturer of your PC, I can't seem to find any type of driver on Intel's website for your chipset.

Unless you really want to buy a new PSU, I would suggest that you wait until we get these driver issues figured out before you spend any money.

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 10 December 2007 - 08:37 AM.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
welll i am getting the new drivers from some site and i will test it for a day or two then tell you how it works. Thanks for the above advice. I had the wrong drivers because i did not see realtek ac97 audio controller but i see realtek ac97 audio. I am downloading the intel chipset drivers and will reply after i have tested them.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
This link Intel Chipsedt Identification Utility looks like it might be a good program to have/run on a system with Intel board/chipset.

This link Intel 865 Chipset Family may also have some drivers you need.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I am still testing my new psu and seems to work better. I have also given my ram to be replaced and now i am using just 256mb of it. After yesterday's error the sound does not work at all. Well i tried everything from even deleting the drivers to reinstalling them time and time again but it always shows me driver is enabled but has not been started. I even checked the CMOS setup for any changes but i found none which could cause this.
Well this was another stop error i got
Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO
0x0000000A
My pc is really messed up and i will keep you posted on anything new. I got the drivers all worked out but i do not what to do to get my sound back. I installed the sound card driver from my chipset cd which seemed to work earlier but now it gives problems. The picture i posted above is one of them.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Go to the Control Panel, then to System, click on the Hardware tab, and then Device Manager. Take a screen shot of that and post it here please.

When you get a stop error, please remember to include the filename that is associated with it.

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 11 December 2007 - 08:25 AM.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I am really sorry my system was not up to scratch with 256 mb of ram as i told you i have given my ram to be replaced and will get it only by thursday. That is why i was not able to work on my pc. I am posting the picture you wanted do check it out. Here is the complete device manager with the extended format.
And whenever i get the stop error i do not get the filename every time around that is the reason i did not write the filename at some places.

I repaired my windows after writing the above post and i installed the sound card again. What happened now is as soon as i installed the sound car i got some other microsoft devices detected automatically. (iam posting a picture of it) Still my sound is not working and i do not know what to do. Please do not close this thread as this is the only place i am posting and viewing and i do not believe anywhere else is better. Another thing is i have two plug and play enumerator or something and when i click on any of them the uninstall or disable icon becomes inactive. Also when i right click and try to uninstall the button is not active.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1st_image.jpg
  • image2.jpg
  • another_error.jpg

Edited by prasharry2k5, 15 December 2007 - 07:10 AM.