Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with a video card

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
You mentioned all the differences.
I burn and edit my video with 3rd party software, the games are terrible and Windows media center isn't really needed unless you have a HTPC. Window Vista Buisness would be fine for most users, myself included.

Glade to hear the fans resolved the issues.
James

Edited by james_8970, 07 January 2008 - 07:05 PM.

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

You mentioned all the differences.
Since I burn and edit my video with 3rd party software, the games are terrible and Windows media center isn't really needed unless you have a HTPC. Window Vista Buisness would be fine for most users, myself included.

Glade to hear the fans resolved the issues.
James

Great, that just saves me $100+ :)
Thanks for all the help James, I appreciate it.

Kamille

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
i'd get an 8800GT, if you can't afford that, wait, soon nvidia will release a 8800GS as a transition while they move on to the 9 series. in about one month or so.

kamille316

kamille316

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
I already got the 8800GT OC 512MB since I got it for a cheap price (someone chipped in $100 so I can get it :) )

Kamille